Saturday, February 03, 2007

LibraryThing.com



Here it is! Exactly what every book lover needs!

What is LibraryThing?
LibraryThing is an online service to help people catalog their books easily. You can access your catalog from anywhere—even on your mobile phone. Because everyone catalogs together, LibraryThing also connects people with the same books, comes up with suggestions for what to read next, and so forth.


What does it cost?
A free account allows you to catalog up to 200 books. A paid account allows you to catalog any number of books. Paid personal accounts cost $10 for a year or $25 for a lifetime.


I searched for The Kin of Ata Are Waiting for You and here is the nice result. I came to this link via a bookmooch.com. One neat thing is the book Unsuggester which turns the suggester on it's head. I put in The Binding Chair and it returned these results of books to not read.

Give it a whirl!

5 comments:

Debi said...

I've spent the last half hour giving it a whirl and I like it, I like it. I'll be joining up -- lifetime membership makes the most sense to me. You?

Thanks so much for sharing. This one hit me dead-on :)

Bobbie said...

Yes, it is wonderful. I'm thinking of putting my books in there but hopefully I'll be below 200, therefore the free subscription would work.

It would help to have a scanner if you have a lot of books to enter (which I still have) You can buy the cuecat scanner for $20 at http://www.librarything.com/cuecat.php but you'd need to research it first as it has some controversy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CueCat
and http://www.cuecat.com/ I decided to get one because of price and because I don't think there is a problem anymore.

Bobbie said...

p.s. Cuecat can be bought cheaper on ebay...but I like supporting this site and so will order there.

Audrey said...

Ooo... I don't have many books, but it looks like loads of fun!

Debi said...

A scanner for $20. Wow. Let me know how it works out for you. It's not high on my list of things I need, but it might move up the list as I go through my books for libraryThing.