Monday, December 10, 2007

Doe Mandala


I had a very stress filled day. I managed to get into a small conflict at work which always upsets me when I let myself do this. Next as I left work I noticed a trash pickup truck spewing trash all over the road, so I followed him to his next stop and let him know what he was doing. He said "sorry 'bout that", but somehow I didn't feel that he was sincere. Then I went to Best-Buy to pick up a new router for my home network and they were playing the music that just thumps and hurts your ears. I complained to the manger, who justified it by saying we only do it when a customer requests it...(saying this as other customers were vacating the store, go figure!). Then I came home and installed the new router, but could not get one of the computers to recognize the wireless connection. Consequently it was late when I laid down late for my nap, then later I got up grumpy. So there...that was my day and I feel better now having complained and whined. I think I brought most of this stuff on myself.

So...I made a mandala and know what? The stress is all gone now and I feel great! Hope your day was better than mine :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh bobbie. i am moved by this so much. grounding feminine energy. that's the immediate hit i get. you can fill us in on the particulars later. you know me, i want to ask technical questions.
isn't the process wonderful for bringing us back to center?
keep breathing!
~sue

Artists With Artitude said...

No,you did not bring this upon yourself!Must be Monday (blah!)!

I love the integration of Bambi inside this very elegant mandala. I love the way you "folded" the mandala. YOU ARE AMAZING! Please sign up for the New Zealand show. PLEASE!!!

Debi said...

I have had days like that too with the terrible snowball effect.

I'm glad you found the antidote. I'll have to remember that myself -- create something you love.

Beautiful, peaceful, and centered/centering mandala.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Bobbie,

I get days like this too. They are a royal drag!!!!!

This mandala is gorgeous!! I didn't even see the deer at first ... that is good ... the overall effect was what got me.

Very beautiful - and so glad it healed you!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Bev said...

Beautiful, and the perfect antidote to your day, I would have thought. I like the earthy background tones of the forest.

Quite enjoyed hearing about your day, even though it wasn't very enjoyable for you, obviously. Like the way you gave them all a piece of your mind!

lebanesa said...

The healing power of creating something beautiful, balancing all those hot angry negative feelings with a positive and absorbing activity - and you came out of it with a LOVELY mandala. It is great. hope the rest of the day is better and tomorrow fresh and cheery.

Julie Prichard said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day! I hope it's been better since! Rest assured that when you put good out there (as you do) it comes back 3 fold so don't let it get you down!
Love this mandala, sweet doe and awesome earthy colours. At a guess from this and your dream images I would assume that nature is a great healer and comforter for you.
Have fun creating!

Irene said...

Well, when you turn out such a nice mandala it is no wonder that your stress disappears. You wondrous woman. I can't imagine that you brought any of it on yourself, surely you are not that evil. I think of you as a kind hearted woman. A crusader maybe, but for all the right reasons.

Rima said...

At the end of such a roller-coaster, you managed to create your most beautiful mandala to date. I love that you incorporated the doe - you have elevated this technique to create your very own style now. I can look at this and say, aaahh, a "Bobbie". It brings in the viewer into this bubble of serenity.

As for bad days - I always tell my children, there are no bad days, just some very bad moments. Every day is a good day. It's hard to believe for myself, but I think it's working for the little ones.

Belinda said...

gosh, quite a day you had. but the mandala is just fabulous again. ahem ... i think i see an e-guitar in there :) sorry, cannot help my music taste. one day when i have more time - maybe next year - i'll try your tutorial.

marianne said...

Oh yes sometimes................how terrible, Glad the mandala worked for you to get you out of the spiral. I have these days too.
I love the mandala! I have 2 deer in my front garden.
Have a nice sunday without these kind of stress moments