Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Win A Painting, Help Darfur!

Here is your chance to own one of Enzie Shahmiri's paintings and help a Darfur refugee at the same time. Put Oct. 8th on your calendar and bid to win.

"This painting is a concrete way to provide humanitarian relief to the hundreds of thousands of people--mainly women and children--who have been forced to flee the unspeakable violence in Darfur. The proceeds from the sale of this work on ebay will go directly to support the UN Refugee Agency's operations in Darfur, providing protection, shelter, water, medical care and education. Please support this work!

Caitlin Van Orden
USA for UNHCR
The UN Refugee Agency"

9 comments:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Thank you for helping me spread the word about the fundraiser. The auction will start Oct 1 and run for 10 days.
I will add your name on the participant list tomorrow. I celebrated my birthday today and stayed away from the computer.

Thank you again for joining in this noble cause. My hope is that we can raises good amount to really make a difference

Rima said...

Beautiful endeavour - this is great. as soon as i get my website and blog back up i will do my best to publicize as well
love and hugs from beirut!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Bobbie-

Thanks for this info - really important to find out about.

I saw Rwanda Hotel the other night and urgh!!

I have a give-away you may want to enter.

hugs,
~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
http://Dianeclancy.com/blog/2008/07/post-500-a-give-away/

lebanesa said...

Do wish you well with this and hope Enzie's efforts pay off.
Your comments at my blog reciprocated. We will be better in the Autumn, I hope.
See you around and keep well, Bobbie. Hugs to you and yours.

ZanBarrage said...

What a great idea! I think I will do the same!

John M. Mora said...

A lovely painting....can we bid on your portrait too? Thanks for dropping by -

Artists With Artitude said...

I am finally back home in Austin and it's been a real pleasure seeing you posting again. This is a worthy cause and I am thrilled that you have written about Enzie's fundraiser. The world is a better place because of you and other artists whose heart is in the right place.

xoxo

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Tomorrow I will have something for you to say thanks for your kind words, you helped get me on my feet!

http://lisasarsfield.wordpress.com/

Alexiev said...

Cool image...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar/
Proyectos - Illustrations
Alexiev Store - venta de originales
@alexievg en twitter